Kleber Mendonça Filho, who made a name for himself with Bacurau last year, chose 10 favorite films from The Criterion Collection movies. Filho’s list includes productions such as Bigger Than Life, Punch-Drunk Love, One-Eyed Jacks, La Ciénaga.
Referring to important topics such as living space, urban transformation, Neighboring Voices – Brazilian director Kleber Mendonça Filho, who attracted attention with films like O Som ao Redor and Aquarius, received positive reviews with Bacurau, who returned with the award at the Cannes Film Festival, directed by Juliano Dornelles. . While waiting for the new projects of Filho, which is famous for its name, with this film; You can check out 10 favorite films selected by the director from The Criterion Collection movies here.
Kleber Mendonça Filho’s 1956 film Bigger Than Life by Paul Ray, one of the most distinguished directors that came out of Hollywood and selected from the Criterion Collection films, and Punch-Drunk Love, Marlon There are productions such as 1961 One-Eyed Jacks, in which Brando both directed and starred, and La Ciénaga, shot in 2001 by Lucrecia Martel, who received commendable comments with his latest film Zama.
You can take a look at this list below, where you can reach the thoughts about the films selected by Kleber Mendonça Filho.
Kleber Mendonça Filho’s 10 Favorite Movies from The Criterion Collection Movies
1. Bigger Than Life – Nicholas Ray (1956)
2. La Ciénaga – Lucrecia Martel (2001)
3. Heaven’s Gate – Michael Cimino (1980)
4. One-Eyed Jacks – Marlon Brando (1961)
5. Hard Boiled – John Woo (1992)
6. Marketa Lazarová – Frantisek Vlácil (1967)
7. Two-Lane Blacktop – Monte Hellman (1971)
8. Punch-Drunk Love – Paul Thomas Anderson (2002)
9. Secret Sunshine – Lee Chang-Dong (2007)
10. Limite – Mario Peixoto (1931)