EA’s battle royale, Apex Legends, prepares for the arrival of the Lost Treasures collection event and brings numerous new features and changes to the game.
Recently, thanks to EA Play Live 2020, we were able to learn new details about Apex Legends and its arrival on Nintendo Switch and Steam, in addition to the fact that it will have cross-play. The battle royale of Respawn Entertainment and EA is constantly being updated, since it has just received a new patch that brings with it the event “Lost Treasures” from June 23 to July 7, which, in turn, presents us with a Crypto’s new combat zone, the limited-time mode “Armed and Dangerous ev.” and the opportunity to unlock up to 24 interesting items. Below we detail the patch notes, in addition to remembering that another of the news that we know about the game is that it will be released on mobile devices at the end of this year 2020.
Lost Treasures event content
Specifically, in addition to the aforementioned (new mode and zone), what is unlocked with the arrival of this update to the game is the following. It should also be added that, by completing each set of challenges that arise (while completing the challenges of the battle pass), we will be able to obtain up to 1000 points to redeem for valuable loot.
- Event award record with two legendary weapon skins
- 24 limited premium event cosmetic items available directly or via Lost Treasures event packs.
- Presentation of the special offers page, which contains new amulets and rare aspects.
- Mirage Heirloom Set information, which unlocks 24 cosmetic items from Lost Treasures during the event, and get the Mirage Heirloom Set for free.
On the other hand, a second special offers tab is included with 7 additional cosmetic elements for a reduced price of 500 Apex coins. They are limited to the event, so they cannot return until at least 6 months have passed. However, these items do not count toward the 24-item collection mentioned above.
If we are able to unlock all 24 items from the Lost Treasures collection packs during the event, we will get the Mirage Relic Set for free. If, on the other hand, we didn’t make it during the event, this new relic set will be available in the relic-making shop when the event ends.
Limited time mode: Armed and dangerous Ev.
Those familiar with Apex Legends already know “Armed and Dangerous,” the way only shotguns and sniper rifles are included. In Lost Treasures it returns, but with slight modifications. For starters, the only armor available is the evoescudo, so blue, purple, and gold armor will not be available. Due to this restriction, players will have to fight for higher level armor, such as blue, purple, or red. Also, another change is that they will remove the respawn beacons from the map.
Introducing New Equipment: Mobile Reappearance Beacons
These mobile respawn beacons are a new type of loot that will allow us to deploy a miniature respawn beacon virtually anywhere on the map via satellite, then use our squad mates’ flag card as long as they can return. to the battle. This special beacon needs permission to land (just like in the case of the Lifeline survival pack), but once it’s in place it can be used by the player who approaches and interacts with it first. Once the event is over, these beacons will be available in the usual Apex Legends loot in public and ranked games.
Changes in legends
Some of the Apex Legends legends also undergo changes with the arrival of the patch at hand. Minor or greater, these modifications will serve to adjust and balance all the characters, something that the Respawn team is in charge of constantly monitoring:
- Lifeline: Revive in Combat now replaces Combat Medic and D.O.C can be implemented to revive our teammates. DOC. It will unfold a shield and revive the Lifeline teammate, leaving Lifeline free to defend or revive someone else. This completely replaces the old Lifeline passive, including rapid healing. Lifeline’s tactical cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Octane: Upon activation, Stim will remove the motion reduction effects. Pacing sprint speed increased by 10%, and as for the Ulti, players can now double jump in the air after using the Octane Launch Pad and easily change direction from the double jump.
- Revenant: You can now cancel and avoid Pathfinder’s medium grab, Wraith’s mid-phase walk attempt (before Phase Walk activates), Mirage’s revive move, and its activation control lure, plus the Lifeline combat revive option. As for his ulti, the range on Death Totem is removed.
- Crypto: Deploying Hack (his drone) now takes 1.5 seconds (was 2.5 seconds). Also, “EMP” will now disable Wattson posts.
- Wolf: The “Thief’s Best Friend” skill will no longer be intercepted by the Wattson Intercept Pylon. As for the latest “Black Market Boutique”, it will now only collect 1 pack of ammunition (instead of 1 pack + the amount needed to complete the partial stack you had in your inventory). Ultimate Accelerators now grant 20% maximum load (was 17.5%).
- Mirage – You can hold down the tactical button and release it to automatically control the lures, which will now say phrases when they fire. When wrapped, the Mirage holo emitters will be visible to players less than 5 meters away. Additionally, you will now create decoys for the entire squad when you parachute.
- Gibraltar: Quick Heal granted within the “Dome Shield”, slowed: 25% faster -> 15% faster.
- Caustic: Enemies can cancel Caustic’s cannon by firing it before it is fully inflated.
- Wattson – Its towers now last 90 seconds, can hold up to 3 pylons at once, and can stack 2 Ultimate Accelerators per inventory slot.
- Wraith: Phase Walk now has a 30% movement speed increase and takes 1.25 seconds to enable (down from 0.4 seconds). During this time, Wraith will receive a slow movement of 20%, although this does not affect when placing a “Phase Portal”. Additionally, while on Phase Walk, Wraith can now see other players while on the Void and Phase Walk cooldown has been reduced to 25 (from 35 seconds).