Apple held the World Developers Conference event, known as WWDC, every year in San Jose, California. However, due to the corona virus outbreak, it carried WWDC 2020 activity to the Internet in a similar way to other brands.
The statements made after the cancellation decision stated that it would take place in June, but no exact date was given. Apple made a new announcement that it announced the date of the WWDC 2020 event to be June 22.
Apple announces WWDC 2020 event date
The 31st event this year will be free for all developers. It will be possible to watch the event on Apple’s developer website, Apple Developer and mobile app.
The next major software update of iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac, especially the new iOS version, is official at this event. In this context, iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 are expected to be announced at this event on June 22.
Sometimes Apple can also introduce its new products at this event. For example, the renewed version of Mac Pro last year was introduced at this event. At the event in 2017, the smart speaker called HomePod was introduced.
The company also announced the Swift Student Challenge, which offers developers who continue their education life the opportunity to show their love for coding by creating their own Swift playgrounds. Over 350 students from 37 different countries joined the WWDC last year. Our meeting, which will be held in the virtual environment this year, is becoming more accessible than ever before for the participants from all over the world.
Student developers from all over the world will be able to apply to the Swift Student Challenge starting today from 17:00 pm Pacific time, by creating an interactive scene on a Swift playground that can be experienced in three minutes. The winners will be rewarded with a special WWDC20 jacket and badge set.
Ways to learn coding in seven steps and join the Swift Student Challenge in 5 steps:
– Find out that by reading Swift Playgrounds, you will learn how to code with “Swift”, which is used to write world-class apps in the App Store.
– Download the Swift Playgrounds app on your iPad or Mac.
– Begin learning Learn Coding, the first “Playground- stage” and pass seven levels in one day.
– Create an interactive scene on a Swift playground that can be experienced in three minutes.
– Apply to Swift Student Challenge here. Applications can be made until May 17, Pacific Time, 23.59.