Xiaomi Mi 9 stopped and hit the jackpot. Xiaomi is now rolling out two updates for its old flagship phone.
Xiaomi continues to move forward with MIUI 12.5 updates and the brand new update has now been released for the company’s top model Xiaomi Mi 9 from two years ago. The phone is not only getting MIUI 12.5, but also being upgraded from Android 10 to Android 11.
The update has started to be downloaded by Mi 9 users in Europe. If the 2.4 GB update has reached you and you have a limited data package, we recommend using the Wi-Fi connection for the download processor.
The update, which has the build number MIUI V18.104.22.168.RFAEUXM, is being rolled out gradually as always. This process is applied on all Xiaomi devices so that all users are not affected in a possible problem. If you are still using Mi 9, we recommend that you frequently query the update manually from the Settings menu.
What Does Xiaomi Mi 9 MIUI 12.5 Update Bring?
- More stable system interface
- Faster and less memory consuming system (35% faster, 25% less battery)
- Boosts computing power – 20 times more processing power
- It adds a new MIUI light cone motion effect architecture. This also greatly enhances the full scene animation experience.
- It adds real-life feedback, creates a rich tactile library, and also provides a natural tactile experience.
- Adds specially designed system sound effects for dual speakers
- MIUI 12.5 update adds a new Snow Mountain Super Wallpaper
- Adds third-party fonts to support infinite thickness adjustment
- It also optimizes personalized functions such as wallpaper, animation and sound of the collection system.
- Seamless collaboration between mobile phones and computers
- Adds fuzzy positioning based on different privacy technology to protect your location information
- New app store, each app comes with its own privacy instructions
- New privacy risk detection
- Add album images to prevent accidental deletion