European aviation industry officials announced the targets set within the scope of the carbon neutral plan by 2050.

European aviation sector officials informed about the steps to be taken to reach net zero CO2 emissions by 2050. Stating that airline companies operating in Europe caused 192 million tons of CO2 emissions in 2019, the officials emphasized in their statement on February 11 that support to innovative technologies and sustainable fuel types will play a key role in the plan.
The date set as a result of the research supported by airline companies, airports, aircraft manufacturers and air traffic information providers includes the net zero plan for flights departing from and within these regions of the European Economic Area, England and Switzerland. Of course, the sector, which is currently having hard times due to the covid-19 pandemic, is also squeezed by the legislators.

Speaking within the scope of the plan, Olivier Jankovec, President of the European Section of the International Airport Council, said, “Although we are aware of our responsibilities, it is clear that we cannot overcome this problem alone. We expect the EU to put the necessary legislation and roadmap before us. ” used the expressions. The common view of the groups participating in the study is that the European aviation industry will cut 92% of its emission rates by 2050 and the remaining 8% will be reset by carbon capture methods.

Possible technologies that will lead the way in reaching net zero values; Hydrogen and hybrid-electric propulsion systems and sustainable aviation fuels. Carbon pricing regulations, better air traffic control, and elimination of the environmental damage caused by life-path transportation are less important factors to be net zero.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here