The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, which has been the subject of leaks for days, is now official. Let’s see what Samsung’s cheapest 5G phone offers?
Galaxy A22 5G, Samsung’s new affordable phone targeting the 5G market, is officially here. The phone, which has a 6.6-inch Full HD + resolution 90Hz LCD screen, is powered by MediaTek’s octa-core Dimensity 800 processor.
The phone comes in four memory options: 4GB+64GB, 4GB+128GB, 6GB+128GB and 8GB+128GB. But in the first place, versions with 4GB of RAM will be on sale. Samsung also offers memory card support on the A22 5G.
On the back of the A22 5G, as expected, there is a 48-megapixel triple camera. The 48-megapixel main camera is accompanied by a 5-megapixel ultra-wide angle and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The camera, located on the front notch, has a resolution of 8 megapixels.
The phone, which comes out of the box with Android 11-based One UI 3.1, carries a 5,000 mAh battery. Other features of the A22 5G include side-mounted fingerprint reader, Samsung Pay, 5G, Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C port and 3.5mm headphone jack. .
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G technical specifications
- 6.6-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) Infinity-V LCD, 90 Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor with 7nm manufacturing process (2 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPU), Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM –
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD
- Dual sim card support
- OneUI 3.1 based on Android 11
- Camera features:
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash,
- 5MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm headphone jack, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9.0mm; Weight: 203g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
The phone, which debuted in gray, white, mint and violet colors, will be on the shelves in Europe in July. The price of the phone is 229 € for the 4GB RAM + 64GB version, and 249 € for the 4GB RAM + 128GB version.