MIUI 12.5 News: For political reasons, Xiaomi is having trouble with Google. As a sanction, there are no Google services on devices using MIUI 12.5 in China!
We are witnessing the political crises of America and China every day. Even years ago, Huawei and Google signed a first for this reason, and Huawei was unable to use Google services on their own devices. As a result, Huawei, which has installed its own systems, has not yet reached the level it has desired for years. Now, another brand experiencing problems is Xiaomi. In China, devices that receive and use MIUI 12.5 update do not have Google services and it is impossible to install them legally. So users are looking for different options. In this article, we will talk about how to set up Google Play Store on devices using MIUI 12.5. Let’s get started!
How to Set Up Google Services for MIUI 12.5? How to Install Google Play Store?
First of all, it should be said that this method will not work on every Xiaomi phone. If you want to have the Google Play Store application, your device must be powered by a chipset from the Snapdragon 800 series (Snapdragon 855, 865, 888). Interestingly, we don’t need the Google installer to install the Google Play Store app. You only need to open one setting to apply it. Let’s move on to the method without making you wait.
- Step 1. Go to the “Settings” menu of your device and find the “Accounts & Sync” header from there.
- Step 2. Enable the “Simple Google Services” option and toggle it.
- Step 3. Go back and add a Google account to your device.
- Step 4. Google Play Store should now be visible on your device as an app.
- Step 5. Run the application and accept any permissions if prompted.
- Step 6. All stages are finished. You can install Google Play Store on your Xiaomi devices running MIUI 12.5 with this method.
Unfortunately, this method is only applicable to models with the Snapdragon 800 chipset series. Therefore, unfortunately, you cannot get efficiency from this method on a device with a different processor. However, if you are looking for a solution, you can try installing a ROM. The version of the device called Global ROM comes preloaded with Google services and Google Play Store. Do not forget to share your experiences with us!