- Huawei has been doing very well in the field of cameras lately. After the cooperation with Leica in the DXOMARK score, the company started to reap the fruits of this and continues.
Huawei has been doing very well in the field of cameras lately. After the cooperation with Leica in the DXOMARK score, the company started to reap the fruits of this and continues.
Known for camera reviews, DXOMARK also reviewed the Mate 40 Pro Plus model after the Huawei Mate 40 Pro. Mate 40 Pro Plus, a new number on the list, took the throne with 3 points from the Mate 40 Pro model. The device, which scored 139 points in total, broke a new record.
Mate 40 Pro Plus scores 144 points in the photography category. The highest score in this category. While it is the second in the zoom category with 98 points, the first model is Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra with 101 points. In the video category, the Mate 40 Pro Plus scored 115 points, 1 point behind the Mate 40 Pro’s 116 points.
Thus, three Huawei models are in the top five in DXOMARK’s ranking. According to the Mate 40 Pro, the Mate 40 Pro Plus has an additional dual telephoto lens and a 3D ToF sensor. The camera setup on the Mate 40 Pro Plus is as follows:
- Main sensor with 50MP f / 1.9 aperture
- 20MP f / 2.4 aperture ultra wide angle sensor
- Telephoto sensor with 12MP f / 2.4 aperture
- Telephoto sensor with 8MP f / 2.4 aperture
- 3D ToF sensor
- Color Temperature Sensor
- 4K 60 fps video support
- While the main and Telephoto sensors have Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), other sensors use Electronic Stabilization (EIS).
- There seems to be a few strange bugs on the device that require optimization. Image output different from the preview images may occur during auto focus.
In summary, the report states that the Mate 40 Pro Plus model takes pictures with the right exposure, a wide dynamic range and has managed to capture important points.