A new update has been released for the Huawei P20 Lite, one of the best selling phones of the time. We take a look at the details of the update.
It is unlikely to come across a phone that continues to receive updates even after four years in the Android ecosystem. At the end of three years, including monthly security-focused updates, software support is discontinued and the device is left to its fate. Huawei P20 Lite continues to rise from the ashes, so to speak. It continues to regularly release updates for the P20 Lite, one of Huawei’s best selling phones all over the world.
The company, which released an update with December 2020 security patches for the P20 Lite last month, soon released the January 2021 security update this time. Thus, the phone continues to be updated against new threats and improves its performance on the interface side.
The latest update for P20 Lite is 218 MB in size. The update, based on EMUI 9.1, has a version number of 22.214.171.1246. If you are a P20 Lite user, you can query the update from the Settings menu. As always, Huawei is gradually bringing the new update to users.
Huawei P20 Lite specifications
- 5.84-inch Full HD + (1080 x 2280 pixels) 19: 9 FullView IPS LCD screen, 2.5D curved glass
- Octa-core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36 GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7 GHz), MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM card support
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (back)
- Dimensions: 148.6 × 71.2 × 7.4mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000 mAh battery with fast charging support