Although the Huawei P20 Lite has fallen out of sight after three years, Huawei continues to release updates for the old mid-segment phone.
Huawei is busy on the one hand to integrate its existing smartphones into the HarmonyOS system and on the other hand to prepare the P50 series. Another issue that Huawei focuses on is monthly updates. Huawei started to roll out the March update for its current smartphones in many regions. There is also a model that we can call a surprise among the phones that receive updates, and that is the Huawei P20 Lite.
For the P20 Lite, which was introduced three years ago and made Huawei an assertive position in the middle segment, security fixes for the March 2021 period were recently released. EMUI 188.8.131.529 version number update is 215 MB in size. “This security patch fixes 2 critical, 13 high-level and 132 medium-level CVEs for improved system security.” the phrase is included. If you are a P20 Lite user, you can query the update from the Settings menu. The update started to reach P20 Lite models in our country.
Huawei P20 Lite specifications
- 5.84-inch Full HD + (1080 x 2280 pixels) 19: 9 FullView IPS LCD screen, 2.5D curved glass
- Octa-core Huawei Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36 GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7 GHz), MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 (Oreo) (Upgraded to Android 9 Pie and EMUI 9.0)
- Single / Dual SIM card support
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary rear camera
- 16MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor (on the back)
- Dimensions: 148.6 × 71.2 × 7.4mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000 mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging support