Lenovo’s new player phone, Lenovo Legion Phone 2 Pro, was introduced. The affordable smartphone is available with an 18GB RAM version.
Lenovo has released the highly anticipated gaming phone out of the box. When the phone named as Lenovo Legion Phone 2 Pro goes out of China, it is called Legion Phone Duel 2 globally. The tech giant’s second player phone includes a revamped design, a larger battery and many new developments on the hardware side.
The phone has a 6.92-inch Samsung E4 AMOLED display with 20.5: 9 aspect ratio, 2460 x 1080 resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, 720 Hz touch response rate. This screen, which reaches a maximum brightness of 1300 nits, is protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
Lenovo Legion Phone 2 Pro Very Powerful
The gaming phone is powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset as expected. Options with plenty of memory are preferred on the phone. RAM starts at 8GB and goes up to 18GB. UFS 3.1-based storage varies from 128GB to 512GB.
On the camera side, the player phone, which is not very ambitious, has two rear cameras. The first is the OmniVision 64MP main camera with f / 1.9 aperture, the other is a 123 degree ultra wide angle camera. There is no depth, macro or telephoto camera on the Legion Phone 2 Pro. The front camera on the phone, which does not make a difference with the rear camera, appears with a opening mechanism on the side. This camera with a resolution of 44 megapixels can record 4K video.
The phone, which includes stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos and a game mode that enhances the in-game sound experience, also has four microphones with noise reduction and dual smart amplifiers. Wi-Fi 6 is used for the connection.
There is a 5.500mAh battery divided into two in the device. Maximum 90W fast charging is supported via two USB-C ports. However, the box will include a 65W charger, which is incredibly fast by today’s standards.
One of the unique features of Legion Phone 2 Pro is its active cooling system with twin turbo fans. One is an intake fan with 29 blades and 12,500 RPM, and the other is an exhaust fan that exhausts hot air. It also has 29 wings, but its RPM is higher at 15,000. Lenovo says the fans have a noise level of 24.7dB and a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, which is almost 6 years.
This is not the only cooling method available. Lenovo also puts a liquid-cooled vapor chamber inside the phone for passive cooling. The phone also has four ultrasonic shoulder buttons, double strength touch sensor and double capacity button.
As for the price of the phone that can be purchased in Europe and Asia Pacific in May;
- 8GB RAM + 128GB = $ 565
- 12GB RAM + 128GB = $ 625
- 12GB RAM + 256GB = 799 € / 672 $
- 16GB RAM + 512GB = 999 € / 809 $
- 18GB RAM + 512GB = $ 916
Lenovo Legion Phone 2 Pro features
- 6.92 inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD + 144Hz AMOLED display, 1300 nits brightness, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10 +, DC dimming
- 5nm octa-core Snapdragon 888 chipset, Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- ZUI 12.5 user interface based on Android 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) card support
- 64MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 16MP ultra-wide camera with macro shooting option, Audio Zoom, 8k video recording
- 44MP pop-up front camera, 4k video recording
- USB Type-C audio, 1.66cc dual speakers, 4 microphones
- In-screen fingerprint sensor
- Multi-color backlight LED, Dual Ultrasonic gaming sensors
- Dimensions: 176 x 78.5 x10.32mm; Weight: 262g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax 2x2MIMO, MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, QZSS (L1 + L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC
- 90W fast charging 5500 mAh battery (65 watt charger comes out of the box)