OnePlus 9 will be sold unboxed. After the charging adapter and headset were removed from the box content, the new move of the companies became clear.
With the iPhone 12 family, Apple removed the charging adapter and Lightning headphones from the box content and received a lot of reaction. Later, other Android phone manufacturers followed Apple and they also removed these accessories from the box. When we were talking about where this business will end, an interesting news came from the OnePlus 9 front today. According to the leaks, OnePlus’ new monster can be offered for sale without a box. Yes. You know, only the phone will be sold.
OnePlus CEO Pete Lau shared the new box design of OnePlus 9 on his Twitter account. The phone will only be in a package and the prominent features of the phone will be indicated next to it. CEO Pete Lau stated that they will not give up on the classic box concept, but this design is also very nice and fun.
In fact, OnePlus’ sharing this box design signals that phones can be sold this way in the future. The smaller the box, the easier the logistics of the companies. For example, while 100 phones can be placed in a container, the number can go up to 300-400 with this box design.
OnePlus 9 specs
- 6.55-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ and sRGB support, and Display P3 color profiles; maximum brightness of 1,100 nits
- 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor; vapor chamber cooling system using graphite and copper layers; Adreno 660 GPU and Snapdragon X60 modem
- 8 / 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128 / 256 GB non-expandable UFS 3.1 internal memory;
- Connectivity: 5G (NSA / SA), 4G / VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 AC / AX, aptX & aptX HD with Bluetooth 5.2, LDAC and AAC, dual-band GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1
- sensors: accelerometer, compass, barometer, compass, brightness, proximity, in-screen fingerprint, gyroscope;
- Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 user interface
- dual SIM, stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos equalization, Qualcomm WCD9385 audio codec, haptic vibration engine;
- triple rear camera:
- 1/1.43″ Sony IMX689 optically stabilized (OIS) 48-megapixel ( f/8) main sensor with 23mm equivalent focal length;
- 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 50-megapixel ( f/2) ultra-wide-angle sensor with 14mm equivalent focal length; the same sensor can capture macros up to 4cm from the object;
- 2 megapixel monochrome sensor;
- 8K at 30fps, 4K at 30 or 60fps, up to 240fps at 1080p, Super slow motion video recording up to 480fps at 720p; hybrid image stabilization (OIS + EIS); three microphones dedicated to sound capture;
- Sony IMX471 16 megapixel ( f / 4) front camera, fixed focus and electronic stabilization (EIS);
- 4,500 mAh battery with 65 watt Warp fast charging, 100% charge in 29 minutes
- Dimensions 160 x 74.2 x 8.7 mm and weight 192 grams