The affordable smart watch OnePlus Watch, which was introduced the other day, can get a feature that watch users are looking for.
OnePlus’s long-awaited smart watch OnePlus Watch was introduced recently. It is a full watch at the technical features of the affordable smart watch, but unfortunately, the screen always on function, which is a feature that many smart watch users look for, is unfortunately not included in the watch. A new in-depth review posted on the official forum explains why this feature was not included in the watch and may be included in the future.
OnePlus’s smart watch can offer up to 14 days of normal use on a single charge. According to the company’s statement, if the Screen Always On feature is added, there will be a serious decrease in battery usage time. even power consumption may increase by 50%. However, the company still emphasizes the possibility that this feature will be included in an OTA update in the upcoming period.
Although the display is always on feature consumes a lot of battery, OnePlus has to leave the option to consumers whether or not to use this feature in the watch. Some smart watch manufacturers currently use this feature and even make on / off adjustments according to the time of the day. One of the watches we are talking about is the Amazfit GTR.
In the review published by OnePlus for the smart watch, an important development on the screen side is highlighted. OnePlus says they’ve optimized the bottom layer of the display architecture and increased the frame rate from the industry’s 30 fps standard to 50 fps. This makes OnePlusWatch one of the most fluid smartwatches with a long battery life.
OnePlus also states that as part of a new update, users can assign ready messages to the smart clock. Let’s take a look at the features of the watch with a price tag of 159 $ / 159 € now.
OnePlus Watch features
- 1.39 inch 454 x 454 pixel resolution AMOLED display, 326PPI, scratch resistant sapphire glass
- Support for Android 6.0 or higher
- More than 110 exercise modes, including running automatic exercise detection
For swimmers, it shows metrics such as heart rate, distance, calories, speed tracking and SWOLF score.
- Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate and blood oxygen sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, Capacitance sensor
- Water resistance (5ATM / 50 Meters + IP68)
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou
- 4 GB of storage for independent music playback
- Microphone and speakers for answering calls
- Dimensions: 46.4 × 46.4mm × 10.9mm; Weight: Classic 45g (without strap) 76g (with strap), Cobalt Limited Edition 45g (without strap), 67g （with strap）
- 402mAh battery, 14 days battery time for normal use, sleep blood oxygen monitoring on 5 days battery time, 25 hours continuous exercise with GPS, one weekly use with 20 minutes charging