Pokémon GO will remove some quarantine bonuses from October. Starting this Thursday, some of the main features that they added to improve the experience of Coaches who could not leave their homes, will be removed from the game.
As many Trainers will recall, the beginning of the quarantine in most of the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic caused Pokémon GO to suffer like no other game. And is that a game in which your objective is to go out to capture Pokémon on your mobile is unfeasible if you cannot leave your home.
At that time Niantic decided to launch a series of measures so that Trainers could continue playing . Some of them, as they blogged earlier today, were so well received by the community that they will continue to be available on Pokémon GO even after the pandemic. The characteristics that will be maintained are:
- The maximum number of Gifts in your Backpack will remain at 20.
- You will continue to receive 3x Experience and Stardust on your first daily catch.
- The duration of the Incenses will be kept at 60 minutes.
But others will leave, and they will do so starting this Thursday, October 1 . With the recommendations to begin, little by little, to leave their homes in many countries of the world, several of the Pokémon GO measures began to make no sense. That’s why the following features will no longer be available or will be changed, starting this Thursday:
- The hatching distance will return to normal for Eggs.
- Incense’s increased effectiveness will now only apply when walking.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will now give you Gifts when you are low on. This will only happen once a day.
- You will still have a high chance of getting a Gift when spinning a PokéStop. However, it will not be guaranteed that you will get one.
Another exciting new feature is that Incubators will return to Crates in the in-game Store, and will appear more frequently in bundles, now that hatching distances have returned to normal.
From Niantic they reported that they will continue to monitor the world situation and work hard to reschedule the live events agreed for 2021, and more news in this regard will be revealed soon.