- Introduced in September 2019, the Redmi Note 8 has not lost its popularity even though we entered 2021. Reaching the hands of more users day by day, this phone also filled the company’s safe. Of course, Xiaomi does not leave this situation unanswered. The Chinese manufacturer offers its customers its gratitude by extending its update support.
Introduced in September 2019, the Redmi Note 8 has not lost its popularity even though we entered 2021. Reaching the hands of more users day by day, this phone also filled the company’s safe. Of course, Xiaomi does not leave this situation unanswered. The Chinese manufacturer offers its customers its gratitude by extending its update support.
Redmi Note 8 gets Android 11 update
As you know, Redmi models only get one major Android update. Then the company continues its updates with security patches. However, Redmi Note 8 changed the strategy of the company. Because Xiaomi has now started to release the Android 11 update to this phone, which will not receive the Android 11 update. This update, released as a beta, brings a MIUI 12.5 interface in addition to Android 11.
Currently, the Android 11-based MIUI 12.5 update is only coming to Chinese Note 8 users. This version, which is still in beta, will be offered to users as of May. However, if you want to take advantage of the innovations of MIUI 12.5 as soon as possible, we have good news for you. You can install and experience the new version on your Redmi Note 8 by clicking the link below.
- Device: Redmi Note 8
- Code name: gingko
- Android version: Android 11
- Channel: China closed beta
- Type: Twrp Recovery
- Link: Link
Note: First of all, we would like to point out that the above ROM file is China closed beta. So the device can only be used in English and Chinese languages. Also, you must have TWRP to install the update. If you haven’t heard these things before, we recommend that you learn by doing research. In the meantime, you can reach me on Instagram for questions that are in your mind.
Redmi Note 8 specifications
- 6.39-inch Full HD + (2340 × 1080 pixels) 19.5: 9 LCD screen, 2.5 D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-core Snapdragon 665 processor (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPU cores) with 11nm manufacturing process, Adreno
- 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM / 64GB storage, 6GB RAM / 64 / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Support for dual sim cards
- Android 9.0 (Pie), MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f / 1.79 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, 6-layer lens, PDAF, EIS, 8-megapixel wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth camera, 2-megapixel macro camera
- 13MP front camera with f / 2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.4 × 75.6 × 9.3mm; Weight: 198g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash proof case (P2i nano coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, Micro USB
- 4,000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging