- Korean technology giant Samsung Electronics has set its targets for the 2021 TV product range as we enter 2021. Prior to CES 2021, Samsung Electronics unveiled its 2021 portfolio for Neo QLED, MICRO QLED and Lifestyle TV screens at its first online “First Look 2021” event. Samsung’s commitment to accessibility, sustainability and innovation stands out in this new series, with new developments that will redefine the role of television in homes.
Korean technology giant Samsung Electronics has set its targets for the 2021 TV product range as we enter 2021. Prior to CES 2021, Samsung Electronics unveiled its 2021 portfolio for Neo QLED, MICRO QLED and Lifestyle TV screens at its first online “First Look 2021” event. Samsung’s commitment to accessibility, sustainability and innovation stands out in this new series, with new developments that will redefine the role of television in homes.
Samsung introduced 2021 TV models
JH Han, Head of Visual Display Division at Samsung Electronics, said in a statement: “Over the past year, we have witnessed technology play a central role in supporting us all to continue our lives and connect with each other. Our commitment to an inclusive and sustainable future goes hand in hand with our unremitting pursuit of innovation to meet the ever-changing needs of consumers. In this context, we reduce the carbon footprint of our products, offer accessibility features in various ways, and create unique viewer experiences that fit each user’s unique lifestyle. ”
A sustainable and accessible future for all
Samsung will embark on the following “Green Manufacturing” journey that will take the next few years to align its TV unit operations with long-term sustainability programs:
- Reducing carbon footprint and increasing energy efficiency: Samsung will seek to reduce its carbon footprint overall and systematically in television production. The company will also investigate ways to reduce consumers’ energy costs and use higher amounts of recycled materials across all TV series.
- Sustainable Packaging Design: Considering the feedback from its consumers, Samsung will use the award-winning “Eco-Friendly Packaging” design in all Lifestyle TVs of 2021 and most of the Neo QLED TV series for 2021. With this sustainable solution, nearly 200 thousand tons of corrugated cardboard boxes will be re-evaluated every year. While the texts and images on “Eco-Friendly Packages” will be minimized, the use of oil-based colored printing inks traditionally used in TV packages will be terminated and the waste rate will be reduced.
- Solar remote control: As an innovation developed by the brand and to be used for the first time, in 2021, solar powered remote control that can be recharged via indoor light, outdoor light or USB will be used in Samsung TVs. In this way, 99 million AAA class battery waste will be prevented in the next 7 years. In the production of these controls, Samsung introduced a new production process using recyclable plastic bottles, and the recycling rate in the controls was 24 percent.
- The 2021 Samsung accessible features, now fully available in the 2021 QLED and Neo QLED models, also use artificial intelligence technology along with the latest technological advances to enable more users to enjoy the TV experience in the comfort of home. The 2021 series, together with new features such as Caption Moving, Sign Language Zoom, and Multiple Audio Output, allows hearing or visually impaired users to improve their viewing experience in line with their needs and preferences. By 2022, Samsung also aims to expand the scope of its Voice Guide feature. This feature will guide people who are hearing or visually impaired. Samsung will also continue to develop new AI-powered features to further increase the accessibility of Samsung TVs in the coming years.
Neo QLED: Quantum leap forward in TV screen technology
Samsung is introducing a completely new display technology with Neo QLED in its flagship 8K (QN900A) and 4K (QN90A) TV models. Samsung is raising QLED to a new level with Quantum Mini LED, a new light source that is precisely guided by Quantum Matrix Technology and Neo Quantum Processor (a powerful visual processor optimized for Neo QLED).
The Quantum Mini LED was designed by Samsung to one-fortieth the size of a conventional LED. The Quantum Mini LED does not use a lens for the distribution of light or any package for fixing the LED. Instead, the Quantum Mini LED uses extremely thin micro layers that contain many LEDs together. Quantum Matrix Technology allows viewers to view content as it is, by compressing LEDs to be ultra-thin and fully controlled, preventing their volume from growing. Thanks to Neo QLED, the brightness scale can be increased to 12-bit with 4096 steps, so dark areas can appear darker, bright areas appear brighter, while a closer to original and immersive HDR experience.
is getting flooded. The Neo QLED also uses the Neo Quantum Processor, developed by Samsung, with powerful and upgrade features. The Neo Quantum Processor uses up to 16 different neural network models, each with artificial intelligence upscaling and deep learning technology, increasing the image quality to 4K and 8K output levels regardless of the input quality.
Samsung’s 2021 Neo QLED 8K model also features a new Infinity One Design. Since the screen bezel is almost invisible in this design, it offers an immersive viewing experience to the user, with a stylish look and form factor. The attachable Slim One Connect external connection box, a brand new cable management system that can be placed on the back of the Neo QLED 8K television, provides an easier installation and a more aesthetic appearance. The 2021 Neo QLED 8K also has many high-end and immersive audio features: The dynamic sound of Object Tracking Audio (OTS) Pro is played simultaneously with the movements of objects on the screen, and with SpaceFit Sound, the physical environment of the TV after installation is analyzed. An immersive sound environment is created with the sounds given to the place in a special way.
Samsung’s 2021 Neo QLED 8K and 4K models are also equipped with smart features that take the television’s role to another dimension and meet users’ changing needs such as sports, entertainment and home work:
- While Samsung Health turns your home into a perfect sports studio, the Smart Trainer feature performs posture tracking and analysis in real time, just like a personal fitness trainer. During or after exercise, Smart Trainer gives you feedback on your form, allows you to count your movements and the amount of calories you burn. While video and interactive training are combined with Bixby-powered voice control, the Samsung Health Smart Trainer personalizes your home fitness experience to the next level.
- Samsung also maximizes the gaming experience on TV with two completely special new features. Super Ultrawide GameView provides gamers with ultra-wide 32: 9 ratio gaming beyond the wide 21: 9 aspect ratio. Thanks to the expanded field of view, players never miss a moment of action. With the Game Bar feature, players can quickly follow and adapt to the most critical moments of the game, while switching between aspect ratios, controlling input lag or connecting their headphones. Finally, FreeSync Premium Pro also minimizes stuttering, ensuring smooth video quality throughout the game.
- With Google Duo, consumers can make video calls with up to 32 participants at high quality and speed using their phones. It doesn’t matter what operating system they are using. With the Google Duo app, direct video calls are possible via the optional USB-connected camera. In addition, thanks to the smart camera solution, it is ensured that the camera can follow its movements. Zooming in and out works automatically so you always stay in focus and at the right size.
- PC on TV on Samsung devices enables users to connect their personal computers to their TV. In this way, users can do their work or study using the TV screen and a connected mouse, keyboard and PC. Users can also directly access MS Office 365 via the TV’s web browser to create and edit documents. To do this, simply install the Easy Connection application on your computer and log into your Samsung account. Right after that, your TV connects to your PC, making it a perfect experience for you to work from your home’s living room.
Breathtaking image quality and design begins a new era with MICRO LED
Micro LED is coming to your homes in 2021. With the new MICRO LED series, Samsung has made the Micro LED a traditional TV form factor for the first time, offering breathtaking experiences on an ultra-wide, next-generation display.
The new MICRO LED series, which will be available in sizes of 110 inches, 99 inches and smaller by the end of the year, uses LED lights in sizes measured by micro-meters, eliminating backlight and color filters from conventional displays. The self-illuminating display uses 24 million individually controlled LED lights while providing stunningly realistic colors and brightness. Thanks to the Monolith Design with over 99 percent screen-to-body ratio, the only thing you will watch will be the breathtaking image quality.
Samsung has also developed the Smart TV features so that you can benefit more from the giant screens of the MICRO LED series. For example, consumers will now be able to use the 4Vue (Quad View) feature to watch four different contents simultaneously on a single screen. Users can connect multiple external devices to watch multi-game competitions at the same time or stream the video games they play
It is now possible for them to produce and make them in a great quality and size.
Finally, the dynamic sound experience of the new MICRO LED is just as immersive as it is visually. Thanks to the Majestic Sound feature, 5.1 channel sound can be played without the need for an external speaker, turning your room into a glamorous movie theater.
Award-winning Lifestyle TV portfolio has grown
Samsung has also made many improvements in its 2021 Lifestyle TV series, using new designs and form factors to reflect the changing interests and tastes of consumers. Launched for the first time in 2017, The Frame redefined the concept of television and turned television screens into stunning works of art, while capturing more than a million sales figures.
The 2021 model, on the other hand, embraces The Frame’s innovative heritage, revealing a more customizable experience in a slimmer design. The Frame is now half the thinner than its predecessors and reflects the depth of traditional image frames. The new detachable frame options have five different color options that can adapt to the aesthetic appearance of the room, as well as two different customizable styles, modern and curved.
Members of The Frame’s completely renewed Art Store can access over 1,400 carefully selected works of art. Samsung’s new artificial intelligence-powered automatic image selection technology offers each user artwork that they can choose according to their liking.
With virtually unlimited customization options, Samsung’s Lifestyle TV portfolio, The Frame, The Serif, The Sero, The Terrace, and The Premiere, instantly improve décor in tumulus.