While the smartphone market reached a record $ 100 billion in the first quarter of the year, Apple and later Samsung managed to get the biggest share of the pie.

The smartphone market, which went through a heavy pandemic, still continued to grow. In particular, high-priced phones selling a lot, although there is stagnation in sales in general, it increases revenues.

100 billion dollars revenue

According to the analysis conducted by StrategyAnalytics, the revenue generated in the smartphone market reached $ 100 billion in the first quarter of the year and increased 37 percent on a yearly basis. Premium class phones above $ 900 accounted for 25 percent of revenue in the first quarter.

Since the premium class is dominant, Apple comes into play. The company dominates almost 50 percent of the market, generating a total of $ 48 billion in iPhone revenue. Samsung, on the other hand, generated $ 24.8 billion in mobile revenue, but this includes tablet revenues. In this regard, we can estimate a share of around 22 percent. In short, 72 percent of the revenues are shared by Apple and Samsung.

In the $ 400- $ 499 segment, Vivo is the leader. Oppo is the leader in the $ 191-299 segment. In the entry-level segment up to the $ 99 band, there is Chinese Transsion, which we know with the brands Tecno and Infinix. In other words, the dominant element of $ 499 gold has become China. While this table is expected not to deteriorate during the year, we may see an increase in total revenues.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here