Xperia 1 III News: Sony surprised everyone. Sony has announced that it will only offer major Android updates to the Xperia 1 III for 2 years. Here are the details.
Sony, which has not been able to find its hopes for a long time in the phone industry, made a lot of noise with the Sony Xperia 1 III model, which it introduced in the past months. The company, which has surpassed itself in camera, has given the signals that it will still continue its existence in the sector by promising an experience that has never been seen in a phone in the screen section. Unfortunately, sad news came today for this beast, which is over $ 1,000 in price.
It has been officially announced that Xperia 1 III, which comes out of the box with the Android 11 operating system, will receive the main Android updates for 2 years. In other words, the phone will receive Android 12 and Android 13 updates as soon as they are released. Actually, it’s not a success. Apple even offers updates to its 6-year-old phones. In this respect, 2 years are left in the camel. The update issue, which is the nightmare of Android phone manufacturers, seems to continue in 2022.
Sony Xperia 1 III Features
- 6.5-inch 21:9 CinemaWide OLED display; HDR10+ and BT.2020 color space, 4K resolution (1,644 x 3,840 pixels and 643 ppi), 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling and motion blur reduction support at 240Hz, protection with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- 2.84GHz octa-core Snapdragon 888 chipset, Adreno 660 GPU and Snapdragon X60 modem
- 12GB RAM and 256/512GB internal memory
- Connectivity: 5G (NSA / SA), 4G / VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 AC / AX, aptX & aptX HD with Bluetooth 5.2, LDAC and AAC, dual-band GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, NFC,
- USB Type-C 3.1 , 3.5mm audio jack;
- Sensors: accelerometer, barometer, compass, brightness, proximity, gyroscope;
- Android 11 software unit
- Sound: 360 Reality Audio, 360 Spatial Sound, stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos stabilization (40% more volume than the previous generation); Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res Wireless Audio,
- IP65 / 68 certified water and dust protection, 30 minutes protection at 1.5 meters depth
- Quad rear camera with ZEISS lens
- 12-megapixel ( f/1.7) Exmor RS main camera with 1/1.7″ sensor with OIS support and 24mm equivalent focal length
- 1/2.6-inch, 12-megapixel ( f/2.2) Exmor RS ultra-wide-angle sensor, 16mm equivalent focal length, 0.67x zoom
- 1/2.9″ Exmor RS periscopic telephoto lens
- 12 megapixel OIS supported and variable focal length equivalent: 70mm ( f / 2.3) camera, 2.9x optical zoom, 105mm ( f / 2.8) 4.4x optical zoom
- iTOF 3D sensor
- Technology derived from Sony Alpha cameras that allows you to record slow motion video in 4K at 120 fps (with ultra wide angle lens), video recording in 21: 9 format at 24/25/30/60 fps, Real Time Tracking, Real Time Tracking, super resolution zoom with artificial intelligence, continuous shooting at 20 fps
- 8 megapixel front camera ( f / 2.4) with electronic stabilization (EIS)
- 4,500 mAh battery with wired fast charging at 30 watts (from 1% to 50% recharge in half an hour), support for wireless charging