The Criterion Collection, which brings together the special productions of the history of cinema and receives a lot of good fortune with its digital and physical contents, announced in January that it was in the box-set preparation for the films of master directors such as Federico Fellini, Wong Kar-wai, Agnès Varda. . The Criterion Collection, which has rolled up its sleeves to fulfill the requirement of this explanation, announced that a special collection that will bring together the films of master director Agnès Varda, which will bring together the films of the French New Wave, will be sold on August 11.
The box-set titled Complete Films of Agnès Varda will consist of 15 CDs and will contain digitally restored versions of 39 films of the master director. Not only with these films, the box-set will also include short videos that Varda introduces every movie in this set. With this set, Les créatures, Jacquot de Nantes and television series Agnès de ci de là Varda will be published for the first time in a physical format. You can find the trailer from The Complete Films of Agnès Varda below.
The complete list of movies in the box-set, in which the films of Varda are collected under various titles, as well as the titles under which they were compiled, as follows:
- Agnès Forever – Varda by Agnès (2019), Les 3 boutons (2015)
- Early Varda – La Pointe Courte (1955), Ô saisons, ô châteaux (1958), Du côté de la côte (1958)
- Around Paris – Cléo from 5 to 7 (1962), Les fiancés du pont Macdonald (1962), L’opéra-mouffe (1958), Les dites cariatides (1984), T’as de beaux escaliers, tu sais (1986)
- Rue Daguerre – Daguerréotypes (1975), Le lion volatil (2003)
- Married Life – Le bonheur (1965), Les créatures (1966), Elsa la Rose (1966)
- In California – Uncle Yanco (1968), Black Panthers (1970), Lions Love (.. And Lies) (1969), Mur Murs (1981), Documenteur (1981)
- Her Body, Herself – One Sings, the Other Doesn’t (1977), Réponse de femmes (1975),
- Plaisir d’amour en Iran (1977)
- No Shelter – Vagabond (1985), 7 p., Cuis., P. also b. . . . (à saisir) (1985)
- Jane B. – Jane B. par Agnès V. (1988), Kung-Fu Master! (1988)
- Jacques Demy – Jacquot de Nantes (1991), The Young Girls Turn 25 (1993), The World of Jacques Demy (1995)
- Simon Cinéma – One Hundred and One Nights (1995)
- La glaneuse – The Gleaners and I (2000), The Gleaners and I: Two Years Later (2002)
- Visual Artist – Faces Places, codirected with JR (2017), Salut les cubains (1964), Ulysse (1982), Ydessa, les ours et etc. . . . (2004)
- Here and There – Agnès de ci de là Varda (2011)
- Beaches – The Beaches of Agnès (2008)
The special contents in the box-set are as follows:
Introducing movies from Agnès Varda
Nausicaa, a TV ban directed by Varda for a period of time, produced in 1970.
Actress Jane Birkin; New programs including Varda’s children, Mathieu Demy and Rosalie Varda, and academician Kelley Conway
Sections directed by Varda from 1982 French television program Une minute pour une image
Programs focusing on the works performed by Varda as a visual artist, including Quelques veuves de Noirmoutier.
Over seven hours of archive footage, most of which are directed by Varda.
Archive footage of interviews with Varda’s friends, family and important colleagues
Rare images from incomplete movies and commercials
Behind the scenes images, video essays and trailers
Both Varda’s photographs, paintings and works of art; A 200-page book prepared with care about the life and movies of Varda.