Xiaomi continues the distribution of the Android 11 update, albeit painfully.
Xiaomi has started to distribute the Android 11 update for Redmi 9, one of the best-selling smartphones worldwide. The update, which started on a global scale, carries the version numbers V184.108.40.206.RJCMIXM and V220.127.116.11.RJCEUXM depending on the region. Let’s remind right away; The update does not include MIUI 12.5. Xiaomi will probably release MIUI 12.5, the update that Redmi 9 users have been waiting for, in the coming weeks.
If you are using Redmi 9, you can query the Android 11 update from the Settings menu. Let’s point out that it will take some time for the update to meet all users.
Redmi 9 Main Features
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ (2340 × 1080 pixels) resolution LCD display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + six 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 cores) 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM / 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM / 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, up to 512GB storage expandable memory via microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD) card support
- Android 10 based MIUI 11 (received MIUI 12 update)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging